Kdenlive is a free and open source video editor for GNU/Linux, Mac OS X and FreeBSD. The latest version was just released after 4 years of maturation with a version number of 15.08. It brings many new features here’s a few of them:
- New file format. Kdenlive can open older project files, but older Kdenlive versions cannot open the new file format.
- Drop SDL support for monitor display, we now use OpenGL – should be supported on all fairly recent computers.
- Improved UI for color correction effects (Sop/Sat)
- It is now possible to add an effect to a Bin clip by dropping the effect on the clip. The effect will then be applied to all instances of this clip in timeline, mostly useful for color correction
- Effect Preview: Clip monitor now has an option to “Compare effect” displaying a customizable split screen to see the clip with and without effect