Yorba’s Geary e-mail client is one of the most popular one for LinuxÂ desktops nowadays. It’s actually the default e-mail client in elementary OS. Ubuntu 14.04 has Geary 0.6.x version in the repository and so does in elementary OS and Linux Mint. A new version, 0.8 was released yesterday with some very nice additions. Here’s the list of new features and changes:
- Redesigned mail composer (it runs inside of the main mail instead of popup window)
- Signature support
- Support for disabling draft saving to server
- Uses GTKHeaderBar and modern widgets
- Improved database speed
- Improved IMAP connection stability
- Bug fixes
Download & Install
Feel free to choose any of the download methods below. I suggest the 1st one as that is the easiest of all and you’ll get future updates automatically as well.
- Install from Yorba stable PPA (should work on Ubuntu and any other Ubuntu based distro):
sudoÂ add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install geary
- Source code
- 64-bit .deb package
- 32-bit .deb package
This is how the inline composer looks like in Geary 0.8.
Related: Interview with Jim Nelson from Yorba
Source: OMG! Ubuntu!